I was a little nervous wondering if there would be enough merchants available and was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few in our area and they were GOOD places, too. The awesome ladies at Mom Central Consulting told me I was getting 2 coupons to give “yifts” and 2 as thanks for reviewing. I gave them all away I was so excited to use the app.
Overall I love the app and the process was pretty easy.One thing that I think they should address is that when the recipient opens their notification, it doesn’t tell them the value of their gift. I sent a $10 gift to each of my friends and none of them knew how much it was for until I told them. The only other thing that I noticed is that the app crashed on me a couple of times when I was building my gifts.. that’s probably just a “I’m a new app” thing and nothing that would deter me from using it. I have not tried to redeem a Yiftee coupon yet, but even if I have to “educate” the business, I’m fine with that.
So, how simple is it to “yift” someone? This easy:
- Download the app
- Connect it to your Facebook account
- Open the app
- Put some money on your account
- Select your city (or the city where your recipient is)
- Browse thru the merchants who are participating
- Select the merchant for your friend’s gift
- Decide the amount you want their gift to be (there IS a small service charge, so keep that in mind)
- Decide the delivery method (Facebook notification, email or text)
- Add to the cart and checkout
- Sit back, know you just made someone smile and relish in the fact that you are an awesome person
I’m not kidding when I say I’m excited about this app. I have high hopes that this will take off and be wildly successful. I can’t wait to make someone’s day again and yes, I’m hoping someone will Yift me 🙂
Go and try it and tell me what you think about it!
Are you raising a teen or a tween? Join the conversation over at Ten to Twenty Parenting
While I did receive Yiftee credits to facilitate my review, trust me – it had no bearing on my opinion and in fact, I gave them all away when I didn’t have to. Because I’m cool like that.